How to connect two laptops using WiFi in Windows 10 — Step by Step Guide
Are you having an issue with how to connect two laptops using WiFi in Windows 10, then this article I’ll help you to connect your laptop wirelessly.
In today’s world, technologies have developed a lot from NFC to Bluetooth and now wireless. We all are following the trend of technologies, and somehow it reduces our efforts as well.
This article will give you complete knowledge on how to connect two laptops using WiFi?
The Basic requirements before we start our article on How to connect two laptops using WiFi are:
1. It’s mandatory to have a Nic card(network interface card) on both laptops.
2. Don’t forget to disconnect the Lan cables from the laptops if you connected.
3. Both the Laptops must be connected to the same network.
4. Disable the firewall or antivirus sometimes. The antivirus might cause to block the access to connect the two laptops wirelessly.
5. Setup your router or modem
I hope you’ve followed the basics, which we’ve listed above. Now let’s see Step-by-Step how to connect two laptops using WiFi.
Right-click on the network icon listed on the right side of your system. As shown below Image.
Once you right-click on the network icon, you’ll get Two options Troubleshoot problems and Open network & Internet settings.
You have to click on the second option Open Network & Internet settings.
Once you click on Open Network & Internet settings, you’ll be redirected to the next page — check the image for reference.
You can also search for the Network & Sharing center, or you’ll find it below section. The below image will help you to find the option.
Once you find the Network & Sharing center, click on the option.
Now you’ll be redirected to the next page. Check for the option Set up a new connection or network and click on it.
The next step is to Set up a new network. To set up a new network, you have to click on the option and follow the screen instruction.
Once it’s completed now, the next step is to connect to the local network.
To connect to the local network, click on the Network Icon.
Select your wireless network, which you’ve added in the previous step, and click on connect.
Enter the password of the network, which you have just created previously, and click next and then OK.
NOTE: You have to repeat the same step in your second system as well
That’s all you have to do to connect two laptops using WiFi. Now you can share your files, drives, and folders on the local network.
You have to check a few major things to share the files, drives, and folders on the local network.
The option“Turn on network discovery” and “Turn on file and printer sharing” must be enabled.
To do so, you have to open the Network and Sharing Center. You can use the above screenshot to find the way to open the Network and Sharing Center tab.
On the Network status page, you’ll find the option of Network and Sharing Center — you have to click on it.
Now click on Change advance sharing settings.
Once it’s done, search for “Turn on network discovery” and “Turn on file and printer sharing.”
If both are enabled, then leave; if not, click on the tab to enable it.
Tan Tana, now you’re ready to share the files through WiFi. To do So, you can also follow the below steps.
1. Open the File Explorer; you can search it on the left-side bottom.
2. Select the folder of the file you want to share.
3. Right-click on the folder and click on the Give access to -> Remove access or Specific people. You can choose as per your need.
In case you are looking to add Specific people, then follow the below steps:
1. Click on the Specific people option.
2. Select the people you want to add. You can add the user by two methods, either by adding their Username or their Email Id.
3. If you want to set the Access level, you can choose the next step after adding the user to the list.
That’s all in this article on how to connect two laptops using WiFi. If case you need any further help, you can ask in the comment section.
Please comment if you successfully share the file using the above method.