How to connect two laptops using WiFi in Windows 10 — Step by Step Guide
Are you having issue on how to connect two laptops using WiFi in Windows 10, then this article I’ll help you to connect your laptop through wirelessly.
In today’s world, technologies have developed a lot. From NFC to Bluetooth and now wireless. We all are following the trend of technologies, and somehow it reduces our efforts as well.
This article will give you complete knowledge on how to connect two laptops using WiFi?
1. It’s mandatory to have Nic card(network interface card) in both the laptops.
2. Don’t forget to disconnect the Lan cables from the laptops if you connected.
3. Both the Laptops must be connected to the same network.
4. Disable the firewall or antivirus sometime the antivirus might cause to block the access to connect the two laptops wirelessly.
5. Setup your router or modem
I hope you’ve followed the basics, which we’ve listed above. Now let’s see Step-by-Step how to connect two laptops using WiFi.
Right-click on the network icon listed on right side of your system. As shown in the below Image.
One you right-click on the network icon you’ll get Two options Troubleshoot problems and Open network & Internet settings.
You have to click on the second option Open network & Internet settings settings.
Once you click on Open network & Internet settings settings, you’ll be redirected to the next page — check the image for the referance.
You can also search for the Network & Sharing center or you’ll find it below section. Below image will help you to find the option.
Once you find the Network & Sharing center, simply click on the option.
Now you’ll be redirected to the next page. Check for the option Set up a new connection or network and click on it.
Next step is to Set up a new network. To set up a new network, you have to click on the option and need to follow the screen instruction.
Once it’s completed now, the next step is to Connect to the local network.
To connect to the local network, click on network Icon.
Select your wireless network, which you’ve added in the previous step and click on connect.
Enter the password of the network, which you have just created previously and click next and then OK.
NOTE: You have to repeat the same step in your second system as well
That’s all you have to do to connect two laptops using WiFi. Now you can share your files, drives, and folders on the local network.
A few major things you have to check to share the files, drives, and folders on the local network.
Both the option“Turn on network discovery” and “Turn on file and printer sharing” must be enabled.
To do so, you have to open Network and Sharing Center. You can use the above screenshot to find the way to open Network and Sharing Center tab.
On the Network status page, you’ll find option of Network and Sharing Center — you have to click on it.
Now click on Change advance sharing settings.
Once it’s done, search for “Turn on network discovery” and “Turn on file and printer sharing”.
If both are enabled, then leave; if not, then click on the tab to enable it.
Tan Tana, now you’re ready to share the files through WiFi. To do So, you can also follow the below steps.
1. Open the File Explorer you can search it on the left-side bottom.
2. Select the folder of file you want to share.
3. Right-click on the folder and click on the Give access to -> Remove access or Specific people. You can choose as per your need.
In case you are looking to add a Specific people, then follow the below steps:
1. Click on Specific people option.
2. Select the people you want to add. You can add the user by two methods, either by adding there Username or there Email Id.
3. If you want to set the Access level the, you can choose on the next step after adding the user on the list.
That’s all in this article of how to connect two laptops using WiFi. If case you need any further help, you can ask it in the comment section.
Please comment if you successfully share the file using the above method.